Who says that social change has to be depressing? Some of the best ways to influence behavior are ways that make the change engaging and fun. That’s why I turn to videos such as these when I’m thinking of creative ways to pursue my mission. What are the behaviors that need to change? What small things can we do to enable and motivate people to do something? Volkswagen headed up a challenge called “The Fun Theory” asking for people to submit fun ideas for behavior change. Here are some of my favorites.
Viewing entries tagged
Just last week, Kickstarter approved my project Menrva Labs for fundraising. And no, I’m not asking for your money right now. I’m asking for you to let me know what kinds of rewards you would like me to offer those willing to donate. I started this project about three years ago with the goal of promoting social change by increasing social awareness. I’m hoping to accomplish this by providing change agents with a platform to share their story who might not otherwise be able to do so. These individuals and organizations include teachers, authors, poets, artists, economic development people, international development people, etc.
I’ve been conducting interviews for the past year and have transitioned from blog posts, to audio, to video. Now I’m hoping to take those efforts to the next level and produce a speaker series, art slam series, a full-length documentary, and collector’s edition book. I will be raising money to purchase better equipment, cover travel expenses, and pay for graphic design and a new website.
- Listing on the project website as a supporter (Including Social Media Links)
- Menrva Labs HD computer wallpaper
- Menrva Labs sticker
- Limited Edition Poster
- Signed copy of the finished DVD/Blu-Ray w/ Bonus Footage
- Limited Edition T-Shirt showing early support of the project
- Limited Edition Poster signed by artist
- Limited Edition hard-cover (cork cover) book including custom artwork – Signed
- Ticket to the movie release party/gala
- Everything above plus VIP ticket to the movie release party/gala, products in special packaging
- Everything above plus prominent placement on project website
- Everything above, plus individual story on website
- Everything above, plus 30 second feature in bonus material