Why A Contest? (It's Really More Like a Sweepstakes)
Like many people, I look up to some of the historical greats. Martin Luther King, Jr., Mother Theresa, Gandhi—they all serve as role models, something to which I can aspire. However, where I find the inspirations that keeps me focused on where I want to go and what I want to accomplish is in the day-to-day interaction with people who are following their dreams, engaging in their communities, and/or making a positive difference. Friends, family, acquaintances, colleagues, and complete strangers have all given me something to go home and think about.
That’s why I started interviewing people and asking them to share their stories. That’s why I’m starting this weekly contest. The goal of this exercise is to encourage people to give some intentional thought about the people, experiences, and things that bring out the best in us.
How To Enter:
At this time, to enter, you must be on Twitter. Once I see how the contest goes, I’ll look into expanding out to Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and possibly LinkedIn. In the meantime, this is how to enter:
- Step 1: If you do not already have a Twitter
account, sign up for a free account at Twitter.
- Step 2 (Optional): Follow Menrva Labs on Twitter.
- Step 3: In your own words, imagery, video, or audio, tell us who and/or what inspires you. (Can be 140 characters of text, a photography, a video, or an audio submission - but must be your own work.)
- Step 4: Include the hashtag #MenrvaLabsInspires. Without the hashtag, I will not be able to track your submission.
- All submissions are due before 11:59 p.m. PST each Saturday.
- An award recipient will be selected each Sunday at random.
- Entries will reopen at 12:01 a.m. PST each Monday.
What you win:
Each week, one winner will receive the following: